V. Y. Golovei, Doctor of Philosophical Science, Professor
Lesia Ukrainka Eastern European National University
13, Prospect Voli, Lutsk, 43025, Ukraine
CULTURE-CREATIVE POTENTIAL OF SACRAL EXPERIENCE: THEORETICAL AND METHODOLOGICAL ANALYSIS
The purpose of the article is to analyze the cultural potentialof sacred experience and highlight the main methodological approaches to its study. The sacred experience is explicated as an experience of correlation with the absolute dimension of being, its experienceand comprehension. The concept of "Sacred experience" defines a culturally organized space that acquires a specific form for each culture and is structured as a meaningful hierarchical world full of spiritual and symbolic meanings. The experience of the sacred isbased on direct experience of eternity and the totality of existence as a living reality. This experience is "the experience of being" the primary expression of existential guidance, global anthropological orientation. It integrates the dominant spiritual orientation in the human world and understanding of the system itself. Sacred experience based implicitly in present most important human endeavour, promotes the formation of the humanity. This experience permeates the entire story as vertical as the Earth's axis, culminating in the transcendent dimension - where a person entrusts himself to Absolute (God, being, good, eternal, etc.). We can say that any strategy or implemented anthropological model has its core generating a sacred experience. The author asserts that the experience of Holy is distinguished by ontological content and nature. It is an experience of symbolic acts of transcendence that create ontological horizon of being. At the same time, this is an experience of cultural creation and self-creation, which forms the sense foundations of human existence, reveals and confirms the human nature. Loss of sacred power and constitutive force of the sacred dimension interpreted as a manifestation of a kind of "weakening being", de-ontologization of culture, that accompanied the release of simulative and destructive potential and leads to a decrease in the intensity and quality of cultural development.
Key words: Sacral experience, culture, sacred, profane, religious, secular.
1. Bataj, Zh. (1997). Vnutrennij opyt [Internal Experience]. St. Petersburg, Aksioma, Mifril.
2. Bataj, Zh. (2007). Erotika [Eroticism]. "Proklataja chast'": Sakral'naja sociologija. Moskow, Ladomir.
3. Gadamer, G.-Ґ. (2000). Іstyna іmetod [Truth and Method]. Vol. 1. Kyiv, Junіvers.
4. Gegel', G.-V.-F. (1999). Fenomenologija duha [Phenomenology of the Spirit]. St. Petersburg, Nauka.
5. Gusserl', E. (1998). Kartezianskie razmyshleniia [Cartesian Reflections]. St. Petersburg, Nauka.
6. Dzhems, U. (1998). Mnogoobrazie religioznogo opyta [The Varieties of Religious Experience]. In Mistika. Religija. Nauka: Antologija. Moskow, Kanon. 149–173.
7. Kassirer, E. (1998). Logika nauk o kul'ture [The Logic of the Sciences of Culture]. In Izbrannoe. Opyt o cheloveke [Favorites. The Logic of the Humanities]. Moskow, Gardarika.
8. Mamardashvili, M. K. (2000). Estetika myshleniia [Aesthetics of Thinking]. Moskow, Moskovskaja shkola politicheskih issledovaniy.
9. Mіnakov, M. (2007). Іstorіia poniattia dosvіdu [History of the Concept of Experience]. Kyiv, Parapan.
10. Tillih, P. (1995). Dinamika very [The Dynamics of Faith]. In Izbrannoe: Teologija kul'tury [Favorites: Theology of Culture]. Moskow, Jurist.
11. Frank, S. L. (1992). Duhovnye osnovy obshhestva [Spiritual Foundations of Society]. Moskow, Respublika.
12. Fuko, M. (1994). O transgressii [About Transgression]. In Tanatografija erosa [Tanatography of Eros]. St. Petersburg, Mifril.
13.Haidegger, M. (1993). Chto takoe metafizika [What is Metaphysics]. In Vremia i bytiie: Stat'i i vystupleniia [Being and Time:Articles and Speeches]. Moskow, Respublika. 16–27.
14. Horuzhij, S. S. (1998). K fenomenologii askezy [To the Phenomenology of Asceticism]. Moskow, Izd-vo gumanitarnoj literatury.
Corresponding author: V. Y. Golovei
Copyright © 2017 Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Kyiv University Publishing