A. O. Moscardini, Professor
University of Northumbria at Newcastle
2 Sandyford Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8QH, UK
ORCID ID 0000-0003-4951-0848
CREATIVITY: A PERSONAL VIEW
The meaning of creativity is an illusive concept and highly subjective. This article focusses on four strands (curiosity, illusion, execution and innovation) and weaves them into a tapestry that represents the personal view of the author. An innovative hypothesis is that creativity is related to the bicameral mind and this is backed by reference to current neuroscientific research. The author is by profession a mathematician but posits in the article that at the micro level there is no difference between Art and Science regarding the act of creation. The article discusses this process from four different angles; curiosity, illusion, execution and innovation. The final synthesis is left to the reader.
Key words: Bicameral Brain, Constructivist theory of the brain,Creativity, illusion, innovation.
1. Anderson, K., (2007). The Geometry of Art. New York, Springer.
2. Barrett, L. (2019). How Emotions are made. Pan Books.
3. Durham, I. T. (2018) Bell's Theory of Beables and the Concept of 'Universe' History and Philosophy of Physics (physics.hist-ph); Quantum Physics (quant-ph). Retrieved from https://www.semanticscholar.org/ paper/Bell%E2%80%99s-Theory-of-Beables-and-the-Concept-of- Durham/d0540a603f9623c1dc94753847438bfc93e84e5b
4. Heidegger, M. (1962). Being and Time. New York, State University of New York Press.
5. Jaynes, J. (1976). The origin of consciousness in the breakdown of the bicameral mind. Boston, Houghton Mifflin Company.
6. Koestler, A. (1975). The Act of Creation. Macmillan
7. McGilchrist (2009). The Master and the Emissary. Yale University Press
8. Perricone, C. (2007).The Place of Touch in the Arts. Journal of Aesthetic Education, Vol. 41, University of Illinois.
9. Smolin, L. (2020). Einstein's Unfinished Revolution. Penquin Books
10. Tamburri, R. (2013). The incredibly original pursuits of Christian Bök. Poet, artist, scientist. UA, AU University Affairs, Affaires Universitaires.
© A. O. Moscardini 2020