V. G. Napadysta, PhD, Assosiate Professor
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv,
60, Volodymyrska Street, Kyiv, 01033, Ukraine
CULTURE OF EVERYDAY LIFE:
TO THE ISSUE OF STRUCTURE AND CONTENT LOGIC OF THE EDUCATIONAL DISCIPLINE. PART II
The article discusses the logic of structure and content of the discipline "Culture of Everyday Life", due to the complexity and versatility of the everyday life phenomenon and interdisciplinarity of methodological optics of its research, the variety of theoretical tools, which, in turn, determines the ambiguity of views on the very essence of the everyday life phenomenon and its components. The analysis of educational programs on "Cul- ture of Everyday Life", that are placed among the elements of educational professional and scientific training programs on "Culture Studies" in higher education institutions in Ukraine, demonstrated the wide variability of their content and structure. In the second part of the article, the char- acteristic features of the everyday life and its oppositional worlds, which helps to delineate the boundaries of the everyday life, as well as its struc- tures and factual and semantic content, are analysed. In particular, the human body and body techniques in the context of everyday practices; house and settlement as an organized and ordered space of everyday life; meals in different modes of gastronomic practices; clothing and its so- cio-stratification role in everyday life; emotional, regulatory and value foundations of the world of relationships in a family circle.
The variability of the semantic content of the "culture of everyday life" concept is considered and the presence of problems in its conceptual- ization is noted. Based on this, the very name of the discipline "Culture of Everyday Life" is problematized. Emphasis is placed on the appropriate- ness of its replacement by "Culture Studies on Everyday Life", which would open new opportunities in the structural and thematic content of this discipline and would contribute to the formation of its own specifics in presenting the everyday life phenomenon, focused not on the boundless world of factuality or as a certain normativeness of everyday life, but on a conceptual view of its content and essence, the search for certain pat- terns in long-term historical durations, the change of which causes profound structural changes in human community as a whole.
Key words: the culture of everyday life, the discipline structure, the discipline content, everyday life structures, culture studies on everyday life.
1. Anotacija navchal'noi' dyscypliny "Kul'tura povsjakdennosti" [Anno- tation of the discipline "Culturology of Everyday Life"], (2020). Kyiv, NPU іm. M. P. Dragomanova. Retrieved from https://ffs.npu.edu.ua/kataloh-kursiv
2. Berger, P., Lukman, T. (1995). Social'noe konstruirovanie real'nos- ti. Traktat po sociologii znanija [The Social Construction of Reality. A Trea- tise on the Sociology of Knowledge]. Moscow, Medium. Retrieved from https://ktpu.kpi.ua/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/0458680_BCA67_piter_ berger_lukman_t_socialnoe_konstruirovanie_realnosti_tr.pdf
3. Val'denfel's, B. Povsednevnost' kak plavil'nyj tigl' racional'nosti [Everydaylife as a melting crucible of rationality]. Retrieved from http://filosof.historic.ru/books/item/f00/s00/z0000927/st000.shtml
4. Karivec', I. V. (2012). Povsjakdennist': mizh transcendentalizmom i dyvovyzhnistju [Everyday life: between transcendentalism and wonder: a monograph]. L'viv, Vydavnyctvo L'vivs'koi' politehniky.
5. Kasavin, I. T., Shhavelev, S. P. (2004). Analiz povsednevnosti [Analysis of everydaylife]. Moscow, Kanon+.
6. Leleko, V. D. Kul'tura povsednevnosti: stanovlenie uchebnogo kur- sa [The Culture of Everyday Life: the formation of the training course]. Retrieved from https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/kultura-povsednevnosti- stanovlenie-uchebnogo-kursa
7. Leleko, V. D. (2002). Prostranstvo povsednevnosti v evropejskoj kul'ture [The space of everydaylife in European culture]. Retrieved from https://refdb.ru/look/2937078-pall.html
8. Moss, M. (2011). Tehniki tela [Bodytechniques]. In Moss, M. Ob- shhestva. Obmen. Lichnost'. Trudy po social'noj antropologii [Societies. Exchange. Personality. Works on social anthropology]. Moscow, KDU, 304–325.
© V. G. Napadysta, 2021