A. A. Semenenko, PhD, s. lecturer
National Academy of Fine Arts and Architecture
20 Voznesens’kyj Uzviz street, Kyiv, 04053, Ukraine
UP TO DATE CULTURAL PRACTICES IN MODERN PROJECTIVE INDUSTRIES
The article analyzes the connection between some forming relevant tendencies and the newest cultural practices, the development of which is due to economical, technical and social context. Such features as mass character, consumerism, innovativeness, integrality, media character, network and information unity, fundamentally transform the image of civilization and people’s lifestyle. Human projective activity vectors are explored with terminological tools of cultural anthropology and civilizational movement dominants defined by modern thinkers. Evolution of language and aims of substantial practices are showed and new architectural and design styles, like recycling-, pop-, eco-, recreational, motion-, media-design and so on, are marked and characterized. Modern phase of art’s development, that integrates it with other cultural practices, such as science, trade, production, communication, medicine, show-business, tourism, etc., which change its forms and nature (media-art, video-art, transmission-art, technological art (electronic, robot- and genomic-art, internet-art). All these types of architectural, design and artistic activity exist and are fulfilled in kind of intensive fusion, organizing and fundamentally changing human’s habitat. The variety of design styles are strongly connected today with the commitment to unify form-creating intentions, that had been disconnected during the movement of social progress, which means conformity with modernity’s character and requirements while maintaining ontological basis that gives a human sense of home and self-identity. Designer practices that implement communicative interactive potential in projectivity while keeping spaces alive and human are able to perform this harmony. Hence, exploration of features and vectors of the embodied in real and virtual substance projective activity gives a deeper understanding of the sense of civilizational transformations and their connection with human’s substantive dimensions.
Key words: culture, cultural practices, prosumption, participation, multimedia and multisensory design, e-culture, hybrid art.
1. Baevа, L. V. Ekzystencialnye riski informacionnoj epohi. [Existential risks of the information age]. Retrieved from http://emag.iis.ru/arc/infosoc/emag.nsf/BPA/ e63962ee99dc45ac44257c120042ef7c
2. Baevа, L. V. (2013). Electronic Culture: Experience of Philosophical Analysis. Voprosy Filosofii, 5, 75‒83. Retrieved from http://vphil.ru/ index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=753&Itemid=52 (in Russian)
3. Beasley, Philip. Workshop with CITA Studio and the Royal Danish Academy of Arts of the School of Architecture. Retrieved from http://www.philipbeesleyarchitect.com/ (in Russian)
4. Bryzhchenko, N. S. (2015). Interaktyvnist’ yak chynnik formuvannya dizajnu suchasnogo gromads’kogo inter’eru [Interactivity as a factor in shaping the design of contemporary public interior]: dis. na zdobuttia uch. step. kand. mistezhtvoznavstva. Kharkiv. Retrieved from http://www.ksada.org/doc/bryzhachenko-diss.pdf.
5. Brodel, Fernan. (1995). Materialnaya civilizaciya, economika i kapitalizm XV–XVIII st. [Afterthoughts on Material Civilization and Capitalism 15th-18th Century], Vol. 1 Кyiv, Оsnovy.
6. Bychkov, V. V., Mankovska, N. B. (2011). Iskusstvo tehnogennoj civilizacii v zerkale estetiki [The Art of technogenic civilization in the mirror of aesthetics]. Voprosy Filosofii, 4, 62‒72.
7. Volf, D. V. (2015). Jevoljucija DIY-praktik v ser. HH – n. XXI vv. [The evolution of DIY-practices of the middle of the XX – early XXI centuries]. Theory and practice of social development, 3, 164‒167.
8. Lola, G. N. (1998). Dizajn. Opyt metafizicheskoy transkripcii [Design. The experience of metaphysical transcription]. Мoskow, Izdatelstvo MGU.
9. Rashid, K. (2003). Ne bojtes' budushhogo [Do not be afraid of the future]. Salon, March, 47‒52.
10. Toffler, Alvin. (2004). The Third Wave. Moskow, AST (in Russian).
11. Shatin, Yu. V. (1990). Dizajn budushhego ili budushhee dizajna? [The design of the future or the future of design?]. Technical aesthetics, 8, 7‒12.
12. Yacyuk, O. G. (2009). Multimedijnye tehnologii v proektnoj cul’ture dizayna. [Multimedia technologies in design culture of design: the humanitarian aspect]. Avtoref. dis. na soiskanie uch. step. dok. Iskusstvovedenya. Moskow.
13. Bruns, A. (2008). Blogs, Wikipedia, Second Life, and Beyond: From Production to Produsage. Peter Lang Inc., International Academic Publishers.
14. Jenkins, Henry (2006). Convergence Culture: Where Old and New Media Collide. New York, New York University Press.
© A. A. Semenenko 2018