O. V. Shynkarenko, PhD, Assosiate Professor
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
60, Volodymyrska Street, Kyiv, 01033, Ukraine
"CULTURAL TURNS" AS A REQUEST FOR CULTUROLOGY
The article analyzes the phenomenon of the "cultural turn" in a series of fixed methodological turns in the social and humanitarian knowledge of the last decades. Appeal to this trend in different research fields makes it possible to discover the cultural direction of scientific search, which can be linked to the emergence of a special subject area of culturology. In turn, the emerging cultural research in its domestic experience is difficult to determine with the specifics of its research task. Moreover, it was the "cultural turn" in the social and humanitarian sphere in the West that was realized by its own research project. "Cultural studies" (the Birmingham (UK) Centre for Contemporary Cultural Studies or The Birmingham School), which is an interdisciplinary research area that includes feminism, poststructuralism, post-modernism, post-colonialism, aspects of Marxism and humanism in the study of the process of creating values, values, identities. Difficulties in culturology self-determination of their theoretical originality in the study of culture in the context of the culture-centeredness of various subjectmatter branches do not reduce, but, on the contrary, increase its research potential for an integral examination of culture. However, the success of the scientific contribution of culturology in understanding the primary importance of culture in sociocultural processes is seen in the productive use of culture achieved in subject-oriented social analysis as diverse practices. Thus, culturology joins those studies that today increasingly pay attention to "practices" as a field in which it seeks a solution of pressing anthropological and socio-cultural problems. Today's request for an understanding of social processes, which in its complexity, the more so, does not fit into a predetermined human dimension, actualize a review of the understanding of society in the light of living human interaction. Then the multilayeredness, the diversity of the phenomenon of culture, the awareness of its various types will contribute to the discovery of culture as a living life of people fixed in living experience, defining it as a situationally manifested meaningful order of action.
Keywords: socio-humanitarian methodology, "cultural turn" culturology, culture, practices.
1. Apresyan, R. (2016). Fenomen universal'nosti v etike: formy kontseptualizatsii [The Phenomenon of Universality in Ethics: Forms of Conceptualization]. Voprosy filosofii, 8, 79‒88.
2. Bakhman-Medik, D. (2013). Kul'turnyy povorot po sledam "antropologicheskogo": nekotoryye zamechaniya [Cultural turn in the footsteps of "anthropological": some remarks]. NLO, 4(122). Retrieved from http://www.nlobooks.ru/node/3762
3. Bezuglova, N. P. (2011). Kul'turnyy povorot: smena paradigmy? [The cultural turn as paradigm shift?]. Polignozis,1(40). Retrieved from http://www.polygnozis.ru/default.asp?num=6&num2=540
4. Burke, P. (2005). Istoricheskaya antropologiya i novaya kul'turnaya istoriya [Historical anthropology and a new cultural history]. NLO, 75. Retrieved from http://magazines.russ.ru/nlo/2005/75/ne5.html
5. Volkov, V. (2009). Slova i postupki [Words and Actions]. Sotsiologicheskoye obozreniye, 8, 1. Retrieved from https://sociologica.hse.ru/ 2009-8-1/28141188.html
6. Gavrilina, L. M. (2015). Epokha povorotov: epistemologicheskiye poiski i sotsiokul'turnyye realii [The Epoch of Turns: Epistemological Search and Socio-Cultural Realities]. Yaroslavskiy pedagogicheskiy vesnik (Kul'turologiya), 2, 1. Retrieved from http://vestnik.yspu.org/releases/ 2015_2k/09.pdf
7. Geertz, C. (2001). The Interpretation of Culture: Selected Essays. Kyiv, Dukh i Litera (In Ukrainian).
8. Inishev, I. (2012). "Ikonicheskiy povorot" v teoriyakh kul'tury i obshchestva [The "Iconic Turn" in the Theories of Culture and Society]. Logos, 8, 184‒211.
9. Kemerov, V. Ye.( 2015). Klyuchi k sovremennosti – v sdvigah metodologii [Keys to Modernity in the Shift of Methodology]. Voprosy filosofii, 2, 3‒13.
10. Gusejnov, A. A., Zapesockij A. S. (2009). Kul'turologiya kak nauka: za i protiv [Cultural Studies as a science: Pros and Cons]. Kruglyy stol, Moskva,13 fevralya 2008 g. SPb.; Izd-vo SPbGUP, 108.
11. Savchuk, V. V. (2013). Fenomen povorota v kul'ture XX veka. [The Phenomenon of Turn in 20th Century Culture]. International Journal of Cultural Research, 1(10), 92‒108. Retrieved from http://philosophy.spbu. ru/userfiles/rusphil/SAVCHUK_54.pdf
12. Tylor, E. (1989). Primitive Culture. Moskow, Politizdat. (In Russian)
13. Shtompka, P. (2009). V fokuse vnimaniya povsednevnaya zhizn'. Novyy povorot v sotsiologii [Everyday life is in focus of attention. A new turn in sociology]. Sotsiologicheskiye issledovaniya, 8, 1‒13. Retrieved from http://www.isras.ru/files/File/Socis/2009-08/Shtompka.pdf
14. Engelstein, L. (2001) Povsyudu "kul'tura": o noveyshikh intepretatsiyakh russkoy istorii XIX‒XX veka ["Culture" is everywhere: the latest interpretations of Russian history of the XIX-XX century]. Novaya Russkaya Kniga, 3‒4. Retrieved from http://magazines.russ.ru/nrk/2001/3/engelsh.html. (In Russian)
15. Jameson, Fredric.(1998) The Cultural Turn: Selected Writings on the Postmodern, 1983‒1998. London & New York, Verso.
© O. V. Shynkarenko 2018